Coping with Vomiting
- REST. Get some fresh air, take a walk.
- Avoid places with strong odors
- Sip on tart juices: lemonade or cranberry juice diluted with water
- Drink fluids other than water. Drinking plain water may cause more vomiting.
- Eat candies or fruit with tart flavors: hard candies, mints, lemon drops. These help cut saliva and cover unpleasant tastes in your mouth.
- Salty flavors help settle the stomach.
- Try small amounts of sweet or cold foods: popsicles, jello, jelly beans, pudding, fruit, custard, yogurt, or ice cream.
- Do not take any over the counter medications to stop vomiting unless prescribed by your doctor!
- Stop prenatal or iron pills for a few days if they cause stomach upset or vomiting.