Monday, October 15, 2007

Got Spit?

Ok it's real easy to participate in the HG study I mentioned earlier...

I did it and all it took was answering a few questions, a medical diagnoses of Hyperemesis Gravidarum (med records) and some spit! Actually it took quite a bit of spit, but it was so worth it. They need 1000 women who have had or currently are suffering from HG to participate in a study of possible genetic factors.

I know when I was sick with HG I suffered from Ptyalism, which is excessive salivation. I was constantly spitting in my throw up bucket because if I swallowed it I would instantly throw up. Just one of the many lovely side effects of HG.

My fellow HG ladies, I know you may be having the same problem if you are currently suffering... so put that spit to good use!

Please contact Marlena Schoenberg Fejzo, PhD at nvpstudy@usc.edu or 310-210-0802 to participate...you will be helping many more women :)

No comments: